ASE (Automotive Service Excellence), which is our high standard at Hollis Brothers, gives some great pointers on getting your vehicle ready for winter.
- Get your vehicle on a regular service schedule at your auto repair shop.
- Take care of engine issues now.
- Replace filters before the weather turns nasty!
- Fuel deicer is beneficial before you get to those sub zero temps!
- Change oil and filter before the weather changes.
- Flush and refill the cooling system.
- Get the heater and defroster check. Cause nothing is worse than cold inside AND outside!
- Inspect wiper blades, battery, lights and bulbs, tires, brakes, exhaust and transmission.
- Carry an Emergency Kit in your car.
More can be found at ASE’s site here.
If getting all this done seems overwhelming – take these issues to us! Call for an appointment 847-381-6691
Have a great Holiday season and drive safe!
Dave & Steve Hollis